PDA

View Full Version : javascript emulation

zugzwang
29th July 2011, 17:15
Using Windows XP-Firefox, I can log onto a password protected website, then load a separate (local) web-page containing a Javascript app, and then use that Javascript app to “explore” the password protected website. In effect, the local web-page inherits the authorization granted by the initial sign-in.

I’ll soon be migrating to Linux-Firefox-Qt-C++. Can the above functionality be emulated with Linux-<some web browser>-Qt? For example, can a QT app be similarly imbedded in a Firefox web-page? Alternatively, can the QT app be (Javascript[?]) – launched from the web-page and still be inheriting the appropriate authorization?

wysota
29th July 2011, 17:37
The easiest way to do what you want is to use QWebView to login into the page and then use the web view's network access manager to do the exploration. Since QWebView has a complete javascript engine available, you shouldn't have any problems.

zugzwang
29th July 2011, 20:48
Interesting; seems like QWebView may make my question redundant. However, I'd still like to know whether a QT app may be imbedded into a web page similar to the way java (or javascript) applets run. I'm specifically interested in _not_ having the QT app involved in the login. Rather, I want the QT app to _inherit_ the login-generated authorization to explore the website, just as an imbedded java applet would.