PDA

View Full Version : GUI creation in QT : There exists a tool aiding event handling ?

andre_teprom
30th July 2011, 23:44
Hi friends,

I wish know if there exists a way to develop GUI interfaces in QT4 as easy as was done at Borland tools ( C++Builder, Delphi ).
I´m amazing to write in hand the code ( Slots ) to connect visual objects to events.

+++

ChrisW67
30th July 2011, 23:53
I assume you want something more than Designer.
You should look at the "Edit signals/slots" mode in Designer (Edit menu) for simple existing signal to existing slot connections.
If you are using Qt Creator then try right-clicking on a widget in Designer and selecting "Go to slot" to save some typing.

Ultimately you have to write code to do whatever non-trvial thing you need done by your "visual object". Not even Delphi could write that for you.

andre_teprom
31st July 2011, 01:26
Hi Chris,

That feature you mentioned above is exacly what I need. Thanks a lot.
However, it is not working. Could you check what could be happening, please ?

http://www.teprom.eng.br/arquivos/qt/g.bmp

+++

ChrisW67
31st July 2011, 02:29
The "Go to slot" feature assumes that the class header and implementation files are as generated by the Qt Creator wizard. I am guessing that you have a manually coded class file there.

andre_teprom
31st July 2011, 03:19
Hi Chris,

I already tryed to create those files by Wizard tool, wich works fine.
However, the project I am using, contains a file structure, not the same created.

I wish know the rule, so that I can determine the exact declaration that is missing.

+++