PDA

View Full Version : Problem of segmentation fault - Stack indicates qlist.h

BenG
9th August 2011, 10:45
Hi everyone,

I am using Qt Creator 2.2.1.
The application I developp can run OK (well at least it can start) but when I try to debbug it I get a segmentation fault. Based on several forums posts and similar problems, I looked in the stack trying to trace the problem but this one seems to point to qlist.h.
Below is the full backtrace:

Thread 1 (Thread 1356.0xe70):
#0 0x72555f50 in ?? () from C:\Program Files\Print Audit Inc\Print Audit 6\Client\pa6wtrak.dll
No symbol table info available.
#1 0x72558960 in ?? () from C:\Program Files\Print Audit Inc\Print Audit 6\Client\pa6wtrak.dll
#2 0x72558f11 in ?? () from C:\Program Files\Print Audit Inc\Print Audit 6\Client\pa6wtrak.dll
#3 0x725595a3 in ?? () from C:\Program Files\Print Audit Inc\Print Audit 6\Client\pa6wtrak.dll
#4 0x725090ea in ?? () from C:\Program Files\Print Audit Inc\Print Audit 6\Client\pa6wtrak.dll
#5 0x00000005 in ?? () at d:/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.7.3/mingw/include/QtCore/qlist.h:98
No locals.
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

I have absolutely no idea why it's looking at "Print Audit Inc" first as my application is not trying to print anything neither is using this program.

I can't really post any code since it is a pretty big application and I have no idea where the problem comes from in the code.

Any help/suggestions on how to trace this error deeper would be great...

Thank you

wysota
9th August 2011, 12:39
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

It looks like your stack is trashed by some wild running code (or threads). You need to step through the code with the debugger and see where the problem occurs. It's likely a problem with threads or with writing past boundaries of objects/buffers.

BenG
9th August 2011, 13:28
Hi wysota,

You were right, in some way this application prevented my program to start in debbug mode. I just deleted it and it works ok now...

Thanks a lot