PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator GDB Cannot Remove Internal Breakpoint

lxman
11th August 2011, 08:53
I have downloaded and installed Creator 2.2.1 w/Qt 4.7.4 on WinXPSP3. I am working with the debugger to see how it works on Windows, and I have come across an issue I cannot seem to resolve.

When I am debugging my program, there is a point in the code where the debugger stops with the message
Stopped at internal breakpoint 1 in thread 1.

The trouble is, I am looking at the breakpoint window. There are no breakpoints showing in Qt. If I press Continue, the program just loops around to the same point in the code with the same message and stops again.

So, how do I get rid of a breakpoint that I didn't set and can't see?

I tried JFTHOI to set a breakpoint at that location, then run a bit, and then clear it, but this "internal breakpoint" still stops me there every time.

Any ideas?

BTW: Looking back through the debug log I am getting this message every time this happens.

NOTE: INFERIOR SPONTANEOUS STOP

ktk
22nd August 2011, 21:43
Are there any other threads in the "Threads" view visible (even if you did not create one)? gdb on Windows "emulates" a break in the application by injecting a special "stopper thread".

champignac
29th October 2011, 09:15
I had a similar behavior. It appeared that the "internal breakpoint" was actually one I had manually set in .gdbinit during some previous standalone gdb session.

You should check if you have a file .gdbinit, with a breakpoint set were your qtcreator stops.