PDA

View Full Version : Windows change hardware acceleration setting

jakamph
13th November 2006, 15:22
Hi all.

I'm using Qt 3.3.1 on Windows XP. The application that I'm writing is essentially a starter application that fires off a bunch of executables in a specific order. One of the executables has problems in certain environments (read: hardware) when hardware graphics acceleration is turned to full. I've looked through the MSDN documentation to no avail and was hoping that one of the more experienced graphics coders would be able to help. What I'm wanting to do since some of the applications I'm starting are pretty graphics intensive is to programatically change the hardware acceleration settings before starting the application with problems and then restoring the graphics settings to the previous level. I've manually set the acceleration level to an acceptable level, started the application with problems and then restored the acceleration level with no problems. Any questions for clarification or help are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

e8johan
15th November 2006, 07:10
This is an extremely platform specific request, so you really need to dig deeper into MSDN. The answer is most probably there. However, knowing some of Microsoft's policies, if you cannot find a way to control it they do now want you to control it programmatically. It should be up to the user to control those settings, not an application.