PDA

View Full Version : Qt embedded how to add new keybrd plugin or editing the key map of the defalt keybrd?

sreekanth
27th August 2011, 22:58
Hi I am working on qt embedded [arm platform] with custom keyboard.my key board driver is /dev/input/event0. The keyboard driver is working but the character displayed is not according to the format which i require.so how do i change the default key map file. i have written a c program which read from event 0 with edited input.h [input.h-$(cross-compile directory)/include/input.h ] file and it is working perfectly.how can i implement the same in Qt-embedded.
please help me editing the default file map for Qt-embedded Or give me a step by step idea of how to creating a new keyboard driver plugin in qt-embedded.i am a beginner in Qt so not getting everything from qt reference doc. i am using qt-4.7.3
thanks
sreekanth

raviQTC
26th September 2011, 05:21
Hi srikkanth,

as I am started in QT and trying out to read keyboard values for our application. we also have the same destination as output /dev/input/event0, can you share the C file which reads the output from the same and also can you tell me how to add plugins I am not able to see the same output along with QT.Kindly give me some pointers.

also tried creating plugins for keyboard but was unsuccesful.need help urgently
regards
Ravi chandran