PDA

View Full Version : How to keep the app awake ?

et3rnal
30th August 2011, 05:34
Hi guys,

Sorry for the nobie question, how to keep an app awake in QML? ;)

wysota
31st August 2011, 11:18
Sorry for the nobie question, how to keep an app awake in QML? ;)
Don't tell it boring stories :D And seriously, what do you consider "awake"?

et3rnal
31st August 2011, 11:49
hahaha i want the screen to stay on after lunching the app even if there is no interaction :D thats all

help plz :D

wysota
31st August 2011, 12:52
You mean you want to disable the screensaver? You have to use the native API for that.

FelixB
31st August 2011, 12:55
maybe he doesn't want the app to be hidden by other apps?

maybe he wants to prevent minimizing?

maybe he wants to give us more information?

et3rnal
1st September 2011, 04:22
okay guys will give more info :D

for example: I want an app that after lunch will show picture, and this picture/color will stay on "with the screens light" so no screen saver, no brightness down, it just stay on till the user quit the app

hope this made it clearer :)

huh, this should be clearer:
like the lighting apps, white screen only to light wt u want without doing off by it self if there is no interaction :)

ChrisW67
1st September 2011, 23:19
To suppress the system screensaver and power saver mechanisms you will need to use a system specific API (as Wysota said earlier). Qt offers nothing to help here.

For Windows you could look at : SystemParametersInfo (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724947%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)

For your S60 and Maemo platforms you would have to ask someone else (I don't even own a mobile phone, let alone program for them).

wysota
2nd September 2011, 00:06
Maemo uses X11 so appropriate X calls need to be used. However the system needs to support them for this to work. I don't know if that's the case for Maemo.

et3rnal
4th September 2011, 09:27
yes i want it for meamo :|

i just dont feel these answers are really the right for newbie person like me lol, anyway thanks :)

mvuori
4th September 2011, 12:03
Qt offers nothing to help here.

Haven't you heard of QSystemScreenSaver?
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-mobility-snapshot/qsystemscreensaver.html