PDA

View Full Version : How would I make a chat poster?

"BumbleBee"
30th August 2011, 06:44
Hello all,
I am in need of some help.I need to code a simple program that will run 24h and post some messages on different chat sites.
For example, I specify it a chat room,then in a line edit I put the message I want it to display and a timer,so that it posts every x minutes.
Press start and it "spams".

Help me:what functions,tools do I have to use?I have no experience in network programming.
Thank you.

wysota
31st August 2011, 11:17
You have to write the "main()" function. Apart from that "it depends".

"BumbleBee"
31st August 2011, 11:55
Lol what????

wysota
31st August 2011, 12:51
There is no ISO or ANSI standard for "sending messages to online chats". The only thing certain is that your program will require a "main()" function. As for everything else "it depends".

"BumbleBee"
31st August 2011, 13:49
But there must be a series of processes to do,so that I send msgs, right?

wysota
31st August 2011, 14:04
Probably yes. But "it depends on" a particular chat system.

"BumbleBee"
31st August 2011, 16:08
I don't have a particular chat system.I just want to enter a url of any chat and post there..

wysota
31st August 2011, 17:46
I don't have a particular chat system.I just want to enter a url of any chat and post there..

Good luck. You'll need it.

ChrisW67
31st August 2011, 23:59
Elaborating on "it depends": You might need TCP sockets, UDP sockets, with or without encryption, with or without authentication, using a simple HTTP-like protocol, using something like IRC, using a proprietary API or protocol, using screen scraping and keyboard stuffing into a web-based page with no exposed API, some of all of the above in a pluggable fashion, etc.