PDA

View Full Version : QT3 Project

danwize
7th September 2011, 03:39
I'm trying to work with an old open source program that uses QT3. I've been able to build it using the make files it came with, but I'd really like to use eclipse or QT Builder to have access to code introspection, hinting, etc. I'm having trouble creating a project using the QT3 library. I'v tried all kinds of things, but still can't get it to work. My latest attempt is to use the QT Eclipse plugin, but when I try to point to qt3 I have problems:

I have a similar problem when I try to use QT creator:

Is there an older version of QT SDK or QT eclipse plugin that I should be using? Any other thoughts?

Danwize

wysota
7th September 2011, 18:31
Qt Creator's facilities for handling Qt projects are incompatible with Qt3. You would need to use qmake to generate a Makefile for the project and then open the project in Creator through the Makefile as a custom project (not Qt-related). Functionality of Creator's text editor (like syntax highlighting, autocompletion) should be retained however you will have to manage the project itself manually.

danwize
8th September 2011, 16:17
I've got it working in the eclipse IDE using ant builder. I'll have to give QT builder a shot too. I have code completion and everything, but I can't get it to highlight build errors. Not a major setback because I can just read the errors from the console output, but it would be nice. Do you know if I would get this functionality in QT builder if I use it the way you suggested?

wysota
8th September 2011, 20:11
If you mean Qt Creator then it should work out of the box. Creator does a syntax check on c++ sources so it will highlight all the problems it can detect regardless if you use Qt4 or not.