PDA

View Full Version : Lindedit error

premroxx
13th September 2011, 15:51
I have Qt running on an ITX(Win Xp). I have an external device which puts some data onto to the keyboard buffer. I used a linedit with setFocus event to capture this input. I developed the program on Win7 & it runs fine in it. But when i try running in the ITX machine it just prints garbage (----?++00--) I'm not sure why this is happening. I tried to create a new project on the itx & linedit, textedit all seem to have the same problem, they cant read from the keyboard buffer. Why is this happenning?

Prem

norobro
13th September 2011, 18:11
Just a WAG, but if you are connected through the serial port, are the pinouts the same?

premroxx
13th September 2011, 19:18
No, I'm using a USB RFID reader. It spits tue value onto a keyboard buffer. When I open a notepad it seems to spit out the right values. But on Qt it spits out garbage. I'm not sure why that's happening

premroxx
14th September 2011, 06:48
To make it clear
On a notepad i get 00000000097A66BE
On Qt i get ˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆÉ +ÿ¨¨š+
Ofcourse, the fist one is right. Is this because of an encoding/pasring error? how can i solve this?

llev
17th September 2011, 23:40
You could try to monitor WM_CHAR and WM_KEYDOWN windows messages for the lineedit and paste here those with WParams and LParams.
Maybe we'll find a workaround.