PDA

View Full Version : editItem()

merlvingian
17th November 2006, 03:11
If using editItem() on a QTreeWidget,QListWidget,QTableWidget and while in edit mode if an ASCII char such as ALT-247 is used it will cause a fatal error. You can see this by entering such characters in the XML->DOM Bookmarks example.

Is there any simple way to attach a RegExpValidator to filter out only valid input for a QTreeWidgetItem with editItem() to avoid this result?

jacek
17th November 2006, 11:49
if an ASCII char such as ALT-247 is used it will cause a fatal error.
This sounds like a bug. IMO you should contact the Trolls.

merlvingian
19th November 2006, 19:45
The problem here is that from what I have seen the Task tracker only accepts commercial license login's and I am OpenSource :(

jacek
19th November 2006, 20:00
Try this: http://www.trolltech.com/bugreport-form (make sure that there are no similar tasks already open).

Which version do you use? I've just checked Qt 4.1.5 and Qt 4.2.1 and they don't crash.

merlvingian
20th November 2006, 02:29
4.2.1 Win32 OpenSource and just tested it again. I used the demo XML -> DOM Bookmarks example and it crashes.

The short error message:
AppName: dombookmarks.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: qtgui4.dll
ModVer: 4.2.1.0 Offset: 00045f78

jacek
20th November 2006, 14:36
4.2.1 Win32 OpenSource and just tested it again. I used the demo XML -> DOM Bookmarks example and it crashes.
Then it means that it doesn't crash on all systems, but nevertheless examples that come with Qt shouldn't crash at all.

merlvingian
21st November 2006, 03:07
Then it means that it doesn't crash on all systems, but nevertheless examples that come with Qt shouldn't crash at all.

I never said it was across all system ;) but I didn't specify either :D I will do some research on it and see if I can narrow down affected systems and report it to the trolls. I do not have access to the commercial version so I will be limited in my research.

jacek
21st November 2006, 13:10
I will do some research on it and see if I can narrow down affected systems and report it to the trolls.
Maybe it has something to do with current font or locale?

merlvingian
21st November 2006, 14:42
Maybe it has something to do with current font or locale?

Interesting .... I had the opportunity to test it on 4 other Windows XP SP2 machines and it did not produce the error. They are all identical OS/configuration save hardware/driver packages and that only the one that produces the error is in a VM. Most of my current *nix loads are also in VM's so it will be interesting to see if it is something in a keyboard filter driver that is causing this error.