PDA

View Full Version : Newbie trying to integrate opencv and qt

nathan89
27th September 2011, 02:29
Hi,

I have a project to do where I am streaming a video of a snooker table, and have to have different buttons that do different things so Im presumming qt would be the handiest way to do this GUI as im programming in C. Anyone able to give me examples of video streaming from webcam onto Qt. I also hear you can just do drag and drop GUIs in qt instead of having to right to code. Am i correct in saying this?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

ChrisW67
27th September 2011, 05:58
I have a project to do where I am streaming a video of a snooker table, and have to have different buttons that do different things so Im presumming qt would be the handiest way to do this GUI as im programming in C.
If you are programming in C then Qt is not for you. C++ on the other hand...

Anyone able to give me examples of video streaming from webcam onto Qt.
If you want to know how to make use of OpenCV libraries from a Qt qmake project then try search this forum for OpenCV... it has been covered several times. OpenCV is just another library, and is incorporated in your PRO file the same way as any other.

If you want to know how to use OpenCV to capture images from a web cam, which has nothing to do with Qt, then that is a question for an OpenCV forum. Also search this forum because there are examples like this to be found.

I also hear you can just do drag and drop GUIs in qt instead of having to right to code. Am i correct in saying this?
Qt Designer. You have to write code to actually do anything though.

nathan89
27th September 2011, 13:04
Thanks,

Would you know if there is anything like QT for C?

sirius
27th September 2011, 23:04
GTK+ (http://www.gtk.org/) is a C GUI toolkit.