PDA

View Full Version : QGraphicsItemGroup pos() & scenePos() returns (0,0) for (130, 150)

bcmilco
28th September 2011, 04:17
Hi,

I'm creating an "align to top" function for the QGraphicsItem based objects in my application. If there is a QGraphicsItemGroup in the selection I want the group to align with the other objects. If I have 2 or more regular items it works fine, but if one of the items is a group it doesn't.

In the attached example when I create the group ( "2" & "1") it is positioned at (130, 150). The group reports the pos() and scenePos() as (0,0). If I then set the positions of all selected items to the same y value the group ends up at (130,160) instead of the (130, 10) which I was expecting.

foreach(QGraphicsItem *item, selectedItems()) {
item->setPos(item->x(), 10);
}

I've read the QGraphicsItemGroup docs several times, and I've googled and searched this site and I don't think I've missed anything too obvious. Any help you could provide is much appreciated!

Thanks,
B

bcmilco
27th October 2011, 22:49
In case anyone else has this problem I ended up going with plan B and wrote a function to translate the position:

QPointF Scene::calcGroupPos(QGraphicsItem *group, QPointF newScenePos)
{
QPointF origin = group->sceneBoundingRect().topLeft() - group->scenePos();
QPointF delta = newScenePos - origin;
return delta;
}

However if anyone knowns a better way I'd love to hear it as it still causes minor issues.

Thanks,
B