PDA

View Full Version : Deploying app in windows - not able to send or receive any message trough TCP or UDP

mrp
2nd October 2011, 19:49
Hi there,

I am trying to deploy my app in win, but I am having some problems. In my computer, the app works great both inside and outside Qt Creator environment.
I used the Dependency Walker and copied all the required libraries to the release folder (mingwm10.dll, qextserialport.dll, libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, QtCore4.dll,
QtGui4.dll and QtNetwork4.dll).

I than copied the entire folder to another computer (windows also) that does not have Qt libraries to test the app.
In the test computer, the application launches without any problem or warning, and is able to perform several tasks.
However, I am not able to send or receive any message trough TCP(QTcpServer) or UDP (QUdpSocket). I double checked and the problem is not the firewall)

What am I missing? Please, send some tips

My machine runs win 7 (64 bits), and I am programming in Qt Creator 2.2.0, based on Qt 4.7.4 (32 bits).

Added after 49 minutes:

Ok,

I finally got why. The problem was not on the deployment itself, but on the port number I was using. I was using the UDP port 56567, and there was no problem on the computer I was compiling the app, but this port was refused in the test computer. I just changed the UDP port to a lower number 1345 and know it works fine.

Best