PDA

View Full Version : using two .qrc files in one application

aya_lawliet
4th October 2011, 08:28
Hi,

A pleasant day to all!

Can anyone kindly please tell me if I can use two .qrc files in one QML application? The application I am currently working on requires a lot of images to be loaded on every scene. And when I put all the image files in one .qrc file, I get an error ( please see this post (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/43779-error-section-.data-loaded-overlaps-section-.rodata-load?p=199709&highlight=#post199709) ). Though the solution on the thread worked for me, I would like to using two qrc files instead of just one.

So I think that if I separated the images in two .qrc files, I won't be getting the error, but I am not sure about this.

Is it possible to have a two or more .qrc files in one QML application?

Thank you very much for your answer. :)

wysota
4th October 2011, 09:09
You can use as many qrc files as you want, however if your device doesn't have enough memory to load all images at once while the binary is loaded, using two qrc files won't change anything.

aya_lawliet
4th October 2011, 09:15
Thank you very much wysota. I will take note of that :)

stampede
4th October 2011, 11:48
It won't help during program execution, but can help during compilation - I remember having so many images in one .qrc file, so that my machine was not able to handle the compilation of qrc_*.cpp, it took more than 2Gb of RAM. Splitting the resources into more .qrc files fixed this problem.

aya_lawliet
4th October 2011, 12:48
@stampede

thank you thank you very much for the input. it is greatly appreciated :)