PDA

View Full Version : developing with Qt on Mac OS

mentalmushroom
4th October 2011, 09:37
Hello. I am going to develop the mac version of my application (original one is for windows, developed with Visual Studio 2008 + Qt 4.7.2). I need some suggestions regarding IDE, namely I am choosing between XCode and Qt Creator. Qt Creator has better Qt integration, of course, from the other side most people on the web find XCode more advanced and convenient IDE. I will most likely have to use some platform-dependent fragments of code (C++ only, not Objective-C), however almost all of the code is written in Qt. Also I'd like to know if there are compiled Qt binaries for Mac OS, like those for Visual Studio, so I won't have to build it myself.

janton
8th October 2011, 20:42
I'm looking for the same kind information, is there somebody around that could give us some advice, or has experience in this field?:confused:

john_god
8th October 2011, 23:03
I did a port of my app using QtCreator, I have no experience with XCode Tools. With QtCreator worked out of the box. I installed the compiled version,from nokia download site. To create the bundle I used Macdeploy Qt tool. Nice and easy.

mentalmushroom
10th October 2011, 09:59
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I understand that pure Qt project is easy to develop with Qt Creator, but I'll perhaps need to use some platform-dependent features and a few libraries that are not qt-based (however, they can be compiled on mac).