PDA

View Full Version : Small QT app in a Nokia 5800

Ethan
6th October 2011, 13:18
Hi there,

I have a small desktop application already developed, the UI part is pretty simple (a Qline object, two labels and two buttons) and I did not use Designer, everything in code. I have been able to run it with Qt Simulator, and the app seems to work, it does not use QML, only Qwidgets. After having research in the forum I have the following questions:

1- I seem to understand that Nokia 5800 uses Symbian^1 (S60 5th Edition). Does it mean I cannot use QML ?
2- I have installed CODA in my Nokia 5800 but it seems it does nothing. What am I missing? Is there any guide to carry out this process?
3- I just added a new target project (Qt Simulator and Symbian devices) to my (originally) desktop application. Should I do anything different ?

Basically, I am looking for a good guideline to carry out the migration (I did not find a complete example so far).
My UI is not difficult, it can be enough to have QWidgets instead of a pretty interface with QML.

Thanks in advance,

-E

john_god
7th October 2011, 20:11
To port your app to our phone you just have to run QtCreator with the Symbian device target. A sis file should be created, then install it in your phone using usb cable and the Nokia Ovi suite. It should be enought to double the sis file in your PC, Ovi suite will take care of the rest.