PDA

View Full Version : How to implement functionalities of other devices/inputs in Qt

qt_user
9th October 2011, 03:53
Hi,

Though I am not new to Qt, but I have only made desktop applications. If I am supposed to make an application for a hardware device, say for example, a device with buttons 1,2,3,4,5 on it, how can I do it (I am only supposed to handle the GUI part)? i have absolutely no idea how to approach it. Please refer me to the links if already available.

Also, can I do it using visual-studio-built "Qt-win-opensource" library or I need a different installer?
Also, how difficult it is for a person who has just worked(though worked well) on desktop applications, to be able to get comfortable with other device applications?
Please rply asap.Thx in advance.

wysota
9th October 2011, 09:45
The hardware needs to report the state of keys through some kind of driver. The driver author/manual will tell you how to handle them, Qt has nothing to do with this. Of course you can write an input plugin for Qt that will convert those low-level events to key events however you still require a regular driver.

qt_user
9th October 2011, 10:32
K........thx 4 ur reply.......... so you are saying that there would be some implementation of receiving that key press event at driver leel and its the responsibility of the driver to notify the GUi as to which key has been pressed.
Thx in advance.