PDA

View Full Version : How to build qt statically using the commercial version and license??

Gokulnathvc
10th October 2011, 06:57
I have followed certain steps in building qt statically, But the debug version goes to over 175mb exe and release version is not working correctly. Please help me with set of steps for static building.

Ginsengelf
10th October 2011, 07:00
Hi, what are your current settings for the static build? And what does "release version is not working correctly" mean?

Ginsengelf

Gokulnathvc
10th October 2011, 07:11
I have installed the recent commercial version with license for a year. i have configured the environment variables and used the command prompt to build it statically. I have used configure -static command and mingw32 make command to build it statically. My app needs to be run as an administrator
but while running it as an administrator, just the simple window opens and nothing is there in my list box and all. but the debug version works fine while running it as an administrator, but it is too big, i would say 175 Mb while the release version is about 8 Mb oly.

I have followed the steps from the following thread:

http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/43854-How-to-create-finished-executable?highlight=static+build

wysota
10th October 2011, 07:50
The sizes of the libraries seem ok. Building a static version of the debug libraries is a good hint to think you don't know what you are doing. What's the purpose of having a statically built Qt in debug mode?