PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing qwt 6.0.1 - Ubuntu

breotone
14th October 2011, 01:10
Hi!

I had to change my computer and install ubuntu, and qt as well qwt. The problem is that I am not able to do it again. I did it the first time but now I do not remember the steps I did. But this is what I tried but it doesn't work

1. Download the zip file qwt-6.0.1, unzipping and then:
qmake
make -> in here It breaks **** qwt_interval.h:15:20: fatal error: qdebug.h: No such file or directory

2. I remembered that in the first time, I had to install some extra libraries, so I installed:

ii libqwt5-doc 5.2.0-1build1 Qt widgets library for technical applications (documentation)
ii libqwt5-qt4 5.2.0-1build1 Qt4 widgets library for technical applications (runtime)
ii libqwt5-qt4-dev 5.2.0-1build1 Qt4 widgets library for technical applications (development)

But even like this it doesn't work.

3. I tried a couple of things more, like directly copy the library to /usr/lib, but it doesn't work neither...

The message I get from the qt creator is,

cannot find -lqwt

I really appreciate if somebody can help me with this, because I need to start to work on it as soon as possible, so thank you in advance.

breotone
19th October 2011, 21:54
PROBLEM SOLVED.

Those are the spetds I took, maybe it can help to anybody.. It is in Ubuntu 11.10

1- Install QT (downloaded from the qt website)
2- Install from the terminal the libraries: (sudo apt-get install <lib_name>)
qt4-dev-tools
qt4-docs
3- Download the qwt from the website and following the instructions.

Thanks.