PDA

View Full Version : disable automatically created accelerator keys

joschi58
21st November 2006, 18:17
Hello,

hope, anyone can help me:

How can I disable the behavior, that Qt creates automatically shortcuts on buttons. I create a button and use labeld it with e.g. abc.setText("Start"). When I re-read the button-label, I get: abc.text() = "S&tart".

I have an UI with many buttons, so shortcuts may not sence and I don't want to see the underlined characters. With Qt 3.0.5 my Application works fine (no shortcuts), but I have installed a new Linux-Distribution with Qt 3.4.4. that show this behavior.

Greetings from Jena/Germany

Joerg

joschi58
22nd November 2006, 10:00
Hey All,

I have found the reason for my problem (not the solution). It's not Qt, it's KDE.

When I generate my project as a QApplication, everything is fine - generate as KApplication forces the Auto-Accelerator-Keys.

So I should close this thread and look at the KDE-Guys

eelik
17th January 2008, 10:50
Old thread but the subject is still valid. For some months ago updating KDE to 3.5.8 broke our application. We use menus which have autogenerated items and it worked fine until... And now people have a crashing application because it's packaged with distributions and KDE has been automatically updated.

That was easy enough to fix because our data didn't use ampersand, but now I'm running into this same problem with tab names. The data is user defined and we should write extra code to handle the ampersands - and what happens if KDE is fixed again? Does someone has a solution?