PDA

View Full Version : openSUSE 11.4 - Qt 4.7.4 - X Error: BadMatch

Uziel
21st October 2011, 20:02
Hey All;
This is my first post, so Hi! I'm very new to Qt, and Linux and what do you know one of my work tasks has been to get one of our larger projects from Windows to OpenSUSE 11.4 ( using qt 4.7.4 ). Unfortunately I don't have anyone in my office that's an expert on either, and searching online has proven not much for me to work with. Does anyone know what exactly this error means

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
Resource id: 0x2e002c

This seems to happen after I call "exec" on my QApplication. When the application starts and those errors are printed my trayIcon for my application is wrong, using whatever was there before. Does anyone have any suggestions to where I should be looking for such a thing? I can't post much ( if any ) code, which I agree is not helpful at all.

---

myTrayIcon = new QSystemTrayIcon( this );
myTrayIcon->setContextMenu( myMenu );
myTrayIcon->setIcon( theTrayIcon );
myTrayIcon->setToolTip( tr("System Tray") );
myTrayIcon->show();

Looking into this more, my QSystemTrayIcon when I set the Icon to something different ( that works on other screens I can confirm ) it still shows that error and the incorrect graphic. Removing the "show" certainly makes the issue go away so I've narrowed it down to the correct widget.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Uziel
12th December 2011, 17:40
I ended up figuring this out. Looks like there was a patch to fix this issue, rebuilding with the Qt patch has resolve this issue.