PDA

View Full Version : Forms overlapped in windows xp ......they are fine in windows 7

sujan.dasmahapatra
25th October 2011, 10:12
Dear Friends
I have built an application where many forms are present. The way I designed is working fine windows 7 but in windows XP these forms are overlapped. Why is it so. How can I fix this please give me some hints. Thanks Sujan

amleto
25th October 2011, 10:23
what is a form? Individual window widgets? widgets in other widgets?

sujan.dasmahapatra
25th October 2011, 17:07
There nothing to cut and paste, it's a for of various widgets. I have aligned them properly in windows 7 but they're not coming correctly in windows XP. I dont know why is it happening. Do I need to take any special care for deploying it in windows XP ???. If there's anything please let me know. Thanks Sujan

d_stranz
25th October 2011, 18:40
The default fonts in Windows 7 vs. XP are probably different sizes (in other words, different pixel sizes).

Widgets like buttons and labels that contain text will expand their sizes so that all the text is visible, unless you set the maximum width (in Designer or using QWidget method calls in code). So if you are designing in Win 7, you are probably laying out the widgets in a form that has a fixed size and can't expand to accommodate whatever you have inside when you display it in another Windows version.

Look at the "Appearance" settings in your Windows display properties, see if there is information on the default font size.