PDA

View Full Version : how to build qt applications for arm specific target boards

sancti
2nd November 2011, 09:34
Hi all,

I have installed QT-4.6.0 linux version in my pc. Qt target version is running successfully on the target boards. Now I am trying to build my own arm specific applications for the target boards. But I am not able to do the cross compile versions for the applications. Can anybody please help me how can I do the cross compile for the application to run successfully on the target boards.

Thanks in advance

raghavendraningoji
2nd November 2011, 11:42
First you need to set-up root file system,cross compiled libraries, and tool chain(ex:arm-g++) of your target on your developing environment(i.e on your desktop).

sancti
2nd November 2011, 12:01
hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have already done the RFS cross compilation tool for arm specific target version. This arm specific version is successfully running on the target board. Now I am deploying small application on the target board. The application runs on the desktop pc. But I am finding difficult when I try to cross compile the application for the arm specific version. Can you please guide me regarding this.

First you need to set-up root file system,cross compiled libraries, and tool chain(ex:arm-g++) of your target on your developing environment(i.e on your desktop).

raghavendraningoji
2nd November 2011, 12:06
"I am finding difficult when I try to cross compile the application for the arm specific version"
I just wanted to know exactly what difficulty ,you are facing.Could you plz elaborate what's exactly happening..?

sancti
2nd November 2011, 12:25
Just i dont knw how to do the qmake for arm specific version.

"I am finding difficult when I try to cross compile the application for the arm specific version"
I just wanted to know exactly what difficulty ,you are facing.Could you plz elaborate what's exactly happening..?

vikaspachdha
3rd November 2011, 06:11
Well it depends what IDE you are using, i'll tell you how to setup the Qt Creator.

1. Define the tool chain to cross compile the code, i.e add the cross compiler. Do that in Tool -> options -> Tool Chains.
2. Now you have to add cross compiled Qt in the Tools->options->Qt4, it should be auto detected if the path of qmake is in the PATH variable or manualy do that.
3. Now when you create and application, i.e. new project in QT creator in the target setup dialog ->create build configuration-> You can setup the builds either for embedded only by selecting manual or select to create build for each Qt version configured.
4. While building the project switch from desktop build to embedded build from projects->Edit build configuration

Note: You may have to explicitly specify your cross compiler in the projects settings by providing additional arguments eg -spec linux-arm-g++

Hope this helps :)

prashantkumar.agrawal
29th May 2013, 15:23
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem .
I wanted to build my QT apps for Xilinx board(ARM arch) so how I could proceed for the same.