PDA

View Full Version : Write a QT application that runs on Web ?

reinki0013
11th November 2011, 11:22
hello everybody,

i have a question about Qt and QWeb.
I want to know, if its possible to write a Qt application that runs on the web ?
Is ist possible to do this with qt and if i can do that, what i have to do ?

kind regards,
reinki

wysota
11th November 2011, 12:42
Please explain what you mean by "that runs on the web".

reinki0013
11th November 2011, 19:33
i want to write a qt-application that runs on the web.
i want to program the things in c++ with qt and then i want to see it in my browser.

is this possible with qt/qml ?

the problem is, that i have no knowledge in html or in javascript, only in c++ and now i have to do a web application and i want to know if its possible with qt/qml/c++

i hope you understand my problem...

grin
11th November 2011, 22:39
maybe you're looking for qt web kit
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qtwebkit.html#details

wysota
11th November 2011, 22:48
is this possible with qt
Yes.

/qml ?
No.

the problem is, that i have no knowledge in html or in javascript, only in c++ and now i have to do a web application and i want to know if its possible with qt/qml/c++
The problem is that HTML and JavaScript are the only things web browsers do have knowledge of, so your application would (eventually) have to generate html anyway.

Alir3z4
12th November 2011, 01:36
No, in Qt you can't do this.
Don't let QWeb's title fool you, but i see young QtWui (http://qtwui.sourceforge.net/) project.
of course QtWui needs contribute and it's not ready, but it's take benefits to use qt libraries.
Another project also is availabe too, Wt (http://www.webtoolkit.eu/wt).
Wt is qt mimic, and it's not uses qt libraries because of license and other technical issue.
but as i work with wt let me give you advice, wt itself maybe can't enough for web development because it's just gui toolkit and ......
also there is CppCMS project.
But if you serious about webdevelopment go and take Django mega webframework, django is writed implemented in python.
keep in mind without basic knowledge about html/css/js the webdevelopment life gonna worst for you.

mynamebilalzahid
14th March 2016, 09:29
hi,

i dont understand completely what are you trying but as much i understand i would recommend you to use framework (laravel) of php programming language, you can create every kind of projects or tasks.

Good Luck

jefftee
15th March 2016, 00:32
No, in Qt you can't do this.
Why do you say this? Any executable program can output HTML, Javascript, and CSS... HTTP is, after all, a text based protocol. Programs written in Qt (i.e. C++) can certainly generate HTML, Javascript, and CSS.

ChrisW67
15th March 2016, 11:49
1. The OP wanted a Qt application to appear on the web with "no knowledge in html or in javascript." This is hardly a promising foundation to build on.
2. The thread is four years old and woken up by a pointless PHP response to a C++ question

jefftee
16th March 2016, 03:21
The thread is four years old and woken up by a pointless PHP response to a C++ question
doh! I didn't realize the thread was so old, but i just didn't want the "you can't do that" to be hanging out there, even if the thread was old... :)