PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator 4.7.4 - "The process could not be started"

brenno
27th November 2011, 01:21
Hi, i'm using Qt Creator 4.7.4 on Windows 7 x86 . When i create de project and build the same whith no errors everything works well (Debugging mode) but if i restart the Qt Creator and rebuild everything again and try to debug the project i have the following error "The process could not be started: The parameter is incorrect.". What can be the problem?

ChrisW67
27th November 2011, 07:18
Almost anything that causes the thing that Qt Creator is trying to execute to either:

not be where Qt creator is expecting it,
not have some essential dependency available in order to start, or
start but then crash immediately.

For 1. and 2. you should check the Run Settings under Projects in Qt Creator.
For 3. you should try to start the program in a debugger.

brenno
29th November 2011, 22:25
So...i had resolved my problem just copying the following dlls to the same directory of the project's executable: QtCored4.dll and QtGuid4.dll. Although that my problem is resolved i couldn't understand why i had to do this precedure to fix the problem. Thanks by anyway.

ChrisW67
30th November 2011, 05:47
You shouldn't have to. Check that the Run Settings do not cripple the environment that Qt Creator provides by default: if you override the PATH for example.

bu7ch3r
30th November 2011, 08:31
When you run without the debugger the enviroment it's different so the standalone binary doesn't know from where to load those dll files. When running without the debugger a qt app is trying to load dll's from the path that was started not from where qt has them.