PDA

View Full Version : Quotation marks in QT text editing widgets

dalibor.free
2nd December 2011, 16:36
I'm having problems with writing quotation marks in Qt text editing widgets. Every single or double quotation mark I enter gets inserted as a straight one. However, I'd like to input curly left and right quotation marks (and if possible, lower left at the beginning and upper right at the end, as is common in some languages - slovak or czech e.g.).

I thought switching to the language's keyboard layout would take care of that (as is the case with left-to-right and right-to-left languages), but this doesn't change anything. I haven't found anything in the documentation regarding this, which makes me think I'm missing something. Or not.

The same behavior was tested on 3 platforms with the same result: Ubuntu 11.4., Windows XP with czech localization, Mac OS X 10.7.

Do you know of any way to achieve this with Qt (for C++) of version 4.7?

Thank you

Santosh Reddy
5th December 2011, 04:38
However, I'd like to input curly left and right quotation marks (and if possible, lower left at the beginning and upper right at the end, as is common in some languages - slovak or czech e.g.)
I don't know much of these language scripts. Does these language keyboards have separate keys for opening and closing quotes?

dalibor.free
5th December 2011, 10:24
No, there is always just one quotation key on these keyboards. A logic specialized for each locale is needed to quote correctly. It seems it needs to be implemented in the app code. Thanks