PDA

View Full Version : Phonon videoplayer doesn't play some files

SepticInsect
6th December 2011, 21:19
Hello!
I'm creating a videoplayer using phonon. If I call Phonon::BackendCapabilities::availableMimeTypes() it says it can play avi, mp4, mpeg and some more file types.
I can play all the videos on Windows Media Player but I can only play mpeg-files, and some avi-files in my phonon videoplayer. If I start a file that my player can't play, a black square is displayed and no audio is played.
I am only running the application from Qt Creator, I haven't tried installing it on another computer yet.

Do you have any ideas? I need all the help I can get!

Best regards
Erik

Oleg
7th December 2011, 14:40
It's Phonon backend specific. Actually AVI, MP4 is just containers, not codecs. We use libVLC backend to play all formats VLC player supports. You can choose another option.

SepticInsect
7th December 2011, 20:55
Thanks!
But how do I change backend? Do I have to connect the backend to my Phonon::VideoPlayer?

Erik

Oleg
8th December 2011, 18:46
Due to some stupidness (or maybe it's a missed feature) in Phonon it loads the first available backend, so just make sure you have the only one need in phonon_backend folder.

SepticInsect
15th January 2012, 17:20
Hi!
I can't get this to work. I have built my application and move it to a different folder containing the following files:
myvideoplayer.exe
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
mingwm20.dll
phonon4.dll
QtCore4.dll
QtGui4.dll
QtOpdenGL.dll
phonon_backend
My application doesn't seem to use the backend. It makes no difference what file i put in my phonon_backend folder. I have tried phonon_ds9d4.dll, phonon_vlc.dll and no file at all. My application can play the same files no matter what file is in the phonon_backend folder. Should I replace the phonon_backend before I build the application?

SepticInsect
25th January 2012, 11:56
Can anyone help me?

As I discribed above I have built my application and moved it to a folder on my desktop. In that folder i have the files listed above and the phonon_backend folder.
Can I just replace the files in the phonon_backend folder with phonon_vlc.dll?
Or should I replace the files in the phonon_backend folder in my c:/program files/qt/.../phonon_backend before I build the application?

I am greatful for all the help I can get!