PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Remote Debugging

srg4096
16th December 2011, 14:49
Hi, I do hope this is in the right section.

I'm new to embedded Qt (and embedded Linux in general) and I've setup a buildroot based enviroment running on a Mini-ITX based VIA Nano PC (This target is running i386, my development machine is x86_64). I have the Qt 4.7.3 that is provided with buildroot built and it seems to work fine.

I have a small test program, which just for playing around is a simple web browser using qwebkit. It is built using the toolchain that buildroot has built. If I copy the program over and run it on the target machine it runs fine.

In the QtCreator project I have set up the target as a Generic Linux device and it connects fine. I can use QtCreator to deploy the program onto the device but I can't get debugging working. When I try to run with debugging I get this:

Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.`/usr/lib/libphonon.so.4': Shared library architecture i386:x86-64 is not compatible with target architecture i386.
.dynamic section for "/usr/lib/libphonon.so.4" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
Could not load shared library symbols for 14 libraries, e.g. /usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4.
Use the "info sharedlibrary" command to see the complete listing.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?

When I originally built Qt I selected to not build a debug version. Then I rebuilt just Qt with as debug but it's not helped.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
srg

smacchia
31st December 2011, 16:45
Are you cross building for i386? Are you using gdb server to debug?