PDA

View Full Version : Deployment Problem

un9tsandeep
17th December 2011, 10:30
i have develop an application in qt and trying to deploy it in another Linux machine( on Ubuntu)

i have tried static linking method but in that case my application's GUI not showing correctly its fonts becomes too big and it is not looking as i have made it.

secondly i have tried Dynamic linking also and collect all dependencies( libraries ) and run on other machine on ubuntu but background image is not coming, i have added them in my recourse file(.qrc), and i am not getting that how to made an automated installer for dynamic link method by which all libraries and there path registers in the system...

please help me out..........

how to do that................

ChrisW67
18th December 2011, 22:10
On Linux, you need to bundle the:

Application and any external data files it depends on
Qt core dynamic libraries
Qt plugins that you use, especially image format and SQL plugins.
Usually a wrapper script to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH so the application can find the bundled dynamic libraries

See Creating the Application Package

un9tsandeep
20th December 2011, 05:41
thanking you for your reply...

i did this and make the package with the libs and use wrapper script in it.

but one problem still their. i.e

application running correctly but background image is not coming on client side machine. i have put them in a folder and provide path by style sheet. but still this problem is coming.
which lib. or plugin used for it can you specify........

ChrisW67
20th December 2011, 22:40
No, I cannot specify. I have no idea what your application needs. You might be missing a plugin for JPEG or TIFF or you might be assuming the background image is somewhere it is not.

Here is an example deployment layout (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/44761-executable-version?p=203930#post203930) including plugins of several types.

un9tsandeep
21st December 2011, 07:26
dear Chris

i have done what you have toled in your previous blog( in given link) and added plugins path in to my application but still its not showing the background image on other system on ubuntu.....

it worked in windows but not in ubuntu.........

Added after 8 minutes:

dear Chris

thanking you my problem solved..

your post helped me so much....