PDA

View Full Version : apply graphic GUI to a console program?

yeshe66
17th December 2011, 23:24
Hi.

I've got a problem.

I just downloaded dbzhang800-qextserialport (http://code.google.com/r/dbzhang800-qextserialport/) library for serial port, and tried one of the example projects (event.pro) wich works fine. This is a console-program.

Can I change this project to become a GUI project so I can use the graphic editor? I want to start developing from this example code, and make a nice GUI for my serial interface.

Or is it better to start a new GUI project and add files from the example to that new project?

Lykurg
18th December 2011, 07:21
Well, do as you like. Both ways are fine.

yeshe66
18th December 2011, 22:23
Well, the problem is that I don't know how to do it, either way. :confused:

Lykurg
18th December 2011, 22:29
? Ehm, change
CONFIG += console to
CONFIG += qt and do normal Qt/C++ programming. Or what is your problem more specific?

yeshe66
20th December 2011, 20:02
EEhh , OK.

I understand that I am trying to proceed too fast here, I get stuck too often to develop anything useful. I'm a total beginner, so I will start over again totally. I have now bought a beginners book about Qt programming, and I will follow all the examples there. After that I suppose I'll understand more an don't need to ask too many dumb questions... :o

(The book is in Swedish and the title is "Grunderna i Fönsterbaserad prorammering i C++ med Qt Creator" by Fredrik Vallbo.