PDA

View Full Version : Installing MySQL drivers for QT

yakuzan
18th December 2011, 05:07
Alright first:

I tried following the wiki link on this website to generate the sql driver and this part:

Go to %QTDIR%/src/plugins/sqldrivers/mysql

I don't have that folder so I have zero idea how to get there. Because I can't run

qmake -o Makefile "INCLUDEPATH+=C:/Progra~1/MySQL/MySQLS~1.0/include" "LIBS+=C:/Progra~1/MySQL/MySQLS~1.0/lib/opt/liblibmysql.a" mysql.pro

Since I don't have the mysql.pro, no idea if I have to write it.

Otherwise the QT doc's are also broken,

Open the DOS prompt, go to C:\Qt\4.6.2 and run the following commands:
configure.exe -debug-and-release -platform win32-g++ -qt-sql-mysql -l mysql -I C:\MySQL\MySQL51\include -L C:\MySQL\MySQL51\lib\opt
mingw32-make sub-src

I'm using QT 4.7, and there's no configure.exe tool whatsoever in the desktop SDK. I found one in the Symbian package and I get this(tried for the lulz) :

Include paths...............C:/Progra~1/MySQL/MySQL_Server_5.1/include
Additional libraries........-lmysql -LC:/Progra~1/MySQL/MySQL_Server_5.1\lib\opt

Creating qmake...
mingw32-make: *** No targets. Stop.
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.
Cleaning qmake failed, return code 2

So... anyone tried building the MySql driver for QT under windows 7 with QT 4.7? I'm kind of tired of following old guides and It would be my pleasure to update them if only I had mine in working order.

Lykurg
18th December 2011, 07:09
if you don't have the mysql.pro file, then you havn't installed the Qt source files. Open the SDK updater and install Qt sources. It is then located at
c:/QtSDK/QtSources/4.7.4/src/plugins/sqldrivers/mysql.

yakuzan
18th December 2011, 19:34
Alright thanks, another quick question.

I suppose that if the DLL work's with my code once I pack it in the release the end-user will just have to use the provided installer and thing's will work... right? Obviously I will also have to deal with the 64-bit version myself too, but that's not an issue.

Lykurg
18th December 2011, 22:30
Jepp, that's the way it works.