PDA

View Full Version : Qt writing files over a TCP/IP network

premroxx
24th December 2011, 06:41
My program setup has 2 computers connected by a TCP/IP network. if the user submits a form on computer1, the form elements should be stored in an xml file in computer2. How do i do this? There is a possibility that i will be adding more computers to existing setup. Do i have to do it as a client-server configuration?

Lykurg
24th December 2011, 08:13
Do i have to do it as a client-server configuration?Sound as this is the best option.

You can also share a disk/folder of computer2 with write access and write the file direct. But then you have to make sure that every computer has mapped computer2's drive.

premroxx
24th December 2011, 17:26
Are there any inbuilt command/functions to write files over a network? Whats the easiest way to do this?

ChrisW67
25th December 2011, 00:21
The easiest way... as Lykurg says, have the two machines use the same Windows/NFS share. If you are going to have n machines talking to a single central machine, and the clients are not on the same LAN (i.e. it has to work over the public Internet) then you have no real option other than setting up a client/server protocol of some sort. The server process could be something like a web or FTP server though.