PDA

View Full Version : Database drivers missing

EvIL_GuY
12th January 2012, 00:43
Can someone upload the database drivers.dll. If you don't have time for more upload just QODBC.dll I really need it. Thank you in advance :).

ChrisW67
12th January 2012, 01:48
Build it yourself... It's faster than waiting for someone else, and any plugin DLL someone gives you has to match your compiler exactly anyway.

SIFE
12th January 2012, 09:10
Build it yourself... It's faster than waiting for someone else, and any plugin DLL someone gives you has to match your compiler exactly anyway.

And don't forget Qt version too.

EvIL_GuY
13th January 2012, 00:04
I lost 1 hour searching for the odbc.pro, and after opened every single folder I realized that I did not have it too.. now any other suggestion? If i uninstall it, download it again and after installing will I have that... drivers?

wysota
13th January 2012, 00:40
Install a U*ix system ;)

$ find . -name "*odbc.pro"
./src/plugins/sqldrivers/odbc/odbc.pro

Hint: if you want to compile something, you obviously need the source code for it.

EvIL_GuY
13th January 2012, 02:09
$ find . -name "*odbc.pro"
./src/plugins/sqldrivers/odbc/odbc.pro

It's ok that, but I don't have the "src" folder and when searched before few hours in every "sqldriver" folder I opened there was only "qsqlite4.dll".. :S

wysota
13th January 2012, 03:15
Read my hint again.

ChrisW67
13th January 2012, 05:40
I lost 1 hour searching for the odbc.pro, and after opened every single folder I realized that I did not have it too.. now any other suggestion? If i uninstall it, download it again and after installing will I have that... drivers?

Here are a few hints:

Since 1995 Windows has a search function on the Start menu that can find a file by name with a minimum of fuss
You won't find the Qt sources if you haven't installed them
If you are using the Qt SDK then you should:

Start the updater from the Qt Creator Help menu or the Windows Start menu
Select Package Manager and press Next>
Under Qt SDK > Miscellaneous > Qt Source select the sources matching the Qt version you are building against, press Next>
Press Update and behold the magic
You will find the sources under the obscurely named "QtSources" folder of the location you installed the SDK (usually C:\QtSDK)
The make command is "mingw32-make" if you are using the MingW compiler

If you are not using the SDK then you can download the sources matching your Qt binary version from the Qt download page (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/downloads#qt-lib)

EvIL_GuY
13th January 2012, 17:28
Ok I have downloaded the sources and I made everything from the link above and I get qsqlodbcd4.dll what should I do now?

ChrisW67
15th January 2012, 23:00
Type:

mingw32-make install
OR
nmake install

as appropriate. This will copy the debug plugin, qsqlodbcd4.dll, into the correct plugins directory. That directory will be:

%QTDIR%\plugins\sqldrivers\odbc

When you want to build the release version rerun the steps starting with:

qmake CONFIG+=release
OR
qmake CONFIG+=build_all