PDA

View Full Version : Qt assistant example not working

sujan.dasmahapatra
12th January 2012, 11:39
Dear Friends
I am trying to build the ‘simpletextviewer’ example and run. Its build successfully. After launching the application I am clicking on help assistant I can see the assistant is coming and going off. The help assistant is not launching. I am using Qt4.5.2.

Now I am trying to implement the help assistant in my application. There also the same thing is happening it not launching the assistant is launching and crashing.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks Sujan

ChrisW67
12th January 2012, 21:54
The example builds and runs fine here in my dev environment (Qt 4.7.4). Does it fail in your dev environment or deployed? Can you run 'assistant' on its own in that environment? Do you have a valid help collection?

Have you deployed all the dependencies of Assistant? It depends on a large number of, libraries and plugins that you will need to deploy.

sujan.dasmahapatra
13th January 2012, 08:52
what libraies you're meaning. There in the example i see it needs only one exe that is 'assistant' and the its passing the arguments as the collection of file. But its not launching its crashing. Please give me some suggestions.

ChrisW67
13th January 2012, 09:07
Read Application Dependencies

Your application runs assistant. It is assistant's dependencies you need to work out. From memory it is at least core, gui, network, webkit, sql and Sqlite/image plugins.

sujan.dasmahapatra
13th January 2012, 09:14
how can i check if my collection file, i.e .qhc file is correct or not. i have generated a .qhc file through collectiongenerator using the following steps.

qhelpgenerator simpletextviewer.qhp -o simpletextviewer.qch
qcollectiongenerator simpletextviewer.qhcp -o simpletextviewer.qhc

is this correct right ???

ChrisW67
15th January 2012, 21:22
That looks correct. Can you open it with Assistant (outside your app)? That is the ultimate test