PDA

View Full Version : Design Opinion -- qtextedit or qtableview

scott_hollen
14th January 2012, 15:39
Good morning -- I have a question for you more experienced designers...

I have a tab widget that's 921x351. On that widget I need 6 text entry boxes and just for designing reasons (my client prefers to see it in the app than a sketch on paper) I've created the boxes as qtextedit widgets. They are 201x71...

Each qtextedit widget will hold 2 columns of data that the user wants to be able to add manually or cut and paste from 2 columns in a spreadsheet, so temporarily I've created an "edit" pushbutton beside each which I'd intended would display a larger qtextedit dialog editor and it would be populated with the existing data and allow the user to paste more data into it or type it in...I'm not overly comfortable with this design but it was done quickly for visual approval.

So my questions are this: would it be better to change the qtextedit widgets to qtableview ones (since the data is to be stored in a DB) which would automatically delineate the two columns, but since the viewing/editing area is so small, should I still have a popup editor dialog (maybe it be a qtableview as well) that would allow for cutting and pasting, or at a minimum, better viewing of the data set?

Any better suggestions? thanks!

scott