PDA

View Full Version : QT creator drag and drop not working

segfault.russell
18th January 2012, 20:28
I have a noob question...
In QT creator 2.3.1 (based on QT 4.7.4) in a windows 7 environment.
I can not drag and drop to open files in QT creator.
(The guy next to me can)

I can use "file->open file or project"
but would love to be able to just drag an existing cpp file to open.

Is there a setting I'm just not seeing?
(I used the installer and did NOT compile QT on this win 7 box)

thank you;

wysota
19th January 2012, 01:53
Do you use any system hacks that might be interfering with drag and drop? Or rather, do you use any system modifications at all?

segfault.russell
23rd January 2012, 19:20
No system hacks at all... (just test editor settings for black background, and 4 spaces instead of tab)
I ran installer, I did an update...
I have a person next to me that used the same installer...
They have the ability to just drag and drop a .cpp file into QT Creator, I do not.

I am willing to look for anything that may cause this, I am just un-sure as to where to start.
Could it be the text editor selected? I think the "Generic Highlighter" tab shows me using "Kate text editor"

thanks

wysota
23rd January 2012, 20:43
I'm not asking about Qt. I'm asking about your computer.

segfault.russell
24th January 2012, 23:27
Drag and drop of file works on Visual Studio (same machine), so I will guess NO. But I am willing to look at anything.
Note: Drag and drop of files to open also works with Notepad, and a few other programs.

I'm accutally going to try to uninstall and re-install QT creator...

wysota
24th January 2012, 23:36
Don't guess. The question is really simple -- did you install any software on your computer that was meant to change in any way the looks or behaviour of your system?

segfault.russell
31st January 2012, 01:43
Nope. and drag and drop works on "Other" applications just fine.

FigBug
12th June 2012, 19:55
I'm also having this problem. It works until I create a grid layout. After that, drag and drop no longer works. I can't move widgets or drag new ones in. Even if I undo the grid layout I need to restart Qt Designer before it works.

Windows 7 64bit. Dual monitors, no system hacks. I tried disabling Synergy but that had no affect. Qt 4.8.0.

Pieter from Belgium
28th June 2012, 11:51
It no longer works for me with the latest version, but does work with previous version:

Works with Qt Creator 2.3.0, Based on Qt 4.7.4 (32 bit)
No longer with Qt Creator 2.5.0, Based on Qt 4.8.1 (32 bit)

Both on Windows 7 (64-bit), running besides each other on the same machine.