PDA

View Full Version : Qt GUI application is not running on another Ubuntu system?

gurmeetsingh
24th January 2012, 09:00
Hi,

I am developing a GUI based application in Qt (QtDesigner and C++) on ubuntu 11.10.
This application is working fine on my system but when i try to run the same application on another ubuntu system like on client's system, its not running.
I have changed the permission to <chmod 777 appName>.

By considering that there may be problem of static/shared linking, I have followed below links
http://www.qtcentre.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_static_applications#Build ing_a_static_application
http://www.qtcentre.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_static_Qt_on_Linux#Hints

to build the static application but return with same problem.:confused:

Please help me to solve this problem.:crying:

Thanks,
Gurmeet

Lykurg
24th January 2012, 12:24
Are all needed libraries installed on the customers pc? See ldd. And build your application with the Qt version which comes with Ubuntu.

nish
24th January 2012, 12:32
what error you get when running the app on console?

gurmeetsingh
24th January 2012, 13:44
Hi Lykurg,
Thanks for your quick response.

Are all needed libraries installed on the customers pc?

No. Libraries may or may not be on customer PC. I want to create an application which should be compiled in static linking.

See ldd. And build your application with the Qt version which comes with Ubuntu.

How to compile with QT which comes with ubuntu?

can i compile my application which is in Qt 4.x.x with QT which comes with ubuntu and how?

Added after 30 minutes:

Hi Nish,

I was in hurry and have not seen your msg. sorry.

what error you get when running the app on console?

The application is not running. when i try to run it from terminal then it comes with permission denied.
I have set the permissions <chmod 777 appName> and run directly, then there is no any response. when i try to run it from terminal then it comes with msg "can not execute binary file".

wysota
24th January 2012, 14:27
What does "file yourappexe" return? What does uname -a return?

gurmeetsingh
25th January 2012, 05:46
Thanks Wysota for your response.

What does "file yourappexe" return?

<file myapp> is returning "ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15, not stripped"

What does uname -a return?

uname -a is returning "Linux user1-desktop 3.0.0-14-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP Mon Nov 21 20:34:47 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux"

Thanks.

wysota
25th January 2012, 09:24
So you are trying to run a 64bit application on a 32bit system. This is not going to work.

gurmeetsingh
25th January 2012, 12:27
So you are trying to run a 64bit application on a 32bit system. This is not going to work.

Thanks.
How to build 32 - bit application in Qt?
should i have to install 32 bit version or any other setting in same version?

wysota
25th January 2012, 12:42
Start by installing 32bit libraries on your development system (or create a 32bit virtual machine for development).

gurmeetsingh
25th January 2012, 12:59
ok, Thanks.

I will revert with new query if needed.

Thanks everyone for your valuable response.:)