View Full Version : QtOpenGL/qgl.h change between 4.7.3 and 4.8

hml
27th January 2012, 19:49
Hi,

There have been changes in this file, between 4.7.3 and 4.8.0
1 of them is that

# include <GL/glu.h>

was removed, under linux.

A 3rd party library qwtplot3d header includes QtOpenGl and expects to find symbols declared in glu.h

I manually added it back to 4.8.0 and the compilation succeeds.

Any QtOpenGL writers care to comment?

Very unwilling to have a different headers from std qt 4.8

regards,

wysota
27th January 2012, 20:15
You don't need to modify Qt headers. Just add GL/glu.h to the code that actually needs it (which is your code making use of QwtPlot3D or QwtPlot3D itself).

hml
27th January 2012, 20:45
Indeed, but this is a kind of a workaround for me. better than what i've done, but it still introduces an extra direct dependency of my code on that header.
I'm trying to get the proper solution implemented: is that in QtOpenGL or in qwtplot3d?

rds,

wysota
27th January 2012, 21:03
The proper solution is to fix QwtPlot3D to include GL/glu.h by itself if it needs it.

hml
27th January 2012, 21:34
sorry to be pedantic but:
This is just a assumption: qwtplot3d is using QtOpenGL, but probably not OpenGL directly?
QtOpenGL includes the headers for the underling Opengl implementation (Mesa in the linux box I have and win in a win box I have)

I'd still be curious to see why qt changed their header between 4.7.3 / 4.8.0

is there a subversion access or similar?

wysota
27th January 2012, 21:44
sorry to be pedantic but:
This is just a assumption: qwtplot3d is using QtOpenGL, but probably not OpenGL directly?
QtOpenGL includes the headers for the underling Opengl implementation (Mesa in the linux box I have and win in a win box I have)
If QwtPlot3D is complaining about missing GLU headers then obviously it uses GLU and not only QtOpenGL.

I'd still be curious to see why qt changed their header between 4.7.3 / 4.8.0
My totally wild guess would be that they stopped using it.

is there a subversion access or similar?
There is Git.

norobro
28th January 2012, 18:38
@hml: FYI - QTBUG-12227 (https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-12227)