PDA

View Full Version : Program application on website

sujan.dasmahapatra
31st January 2012, 16:53
Dear Friends

How can deploy an application on a website. I want to develop an application program using Qt, and now I want that program to work on a website. Is it possible to do?? Please give me some lights on this, I am somewhat ignorant about website application interaction. Thanks for any help. Thanks Sujan

ChrisW67
31st January 2012, 23:34
How can deploy an application on a website.
FTP, SCP... but I suspect that is not what you meant

I want to develop an application program using Qt, and now I want that program to work on a website. Is it possible to do??
Yes, a C++/Qt program can act as a CGI application or Internet service. If you mean, "Can my Qt GUI application be seamlessly run over the web", then No.

Please give me some lights on this, I am somewhat ignorant about website application interaction.
Start by becoming informed about website application interaction. Find some simple CGI examples and get an understanding of how a rudimentary web application works, how it gets its input, and what it returns in response. At that point you might have a better idea if that is the sort of thing you meant or whether you meant something else.

sujan.dasmahapatra
1st February 2012, 07:39
Basically I want to run my program seamlessly over the web. My website is build in PHP. Now I want some opengl interaction on the web basically i want to display some graphics items on the web on user menuclick event. So I am thinking if I could build the application using Qt-OpenGL and then integrate the application somehow on the website. Please give me some suggestions how can I do that. Thanks Sujan

wysota
1st February 2012, 08:19
What I understand is that you want to launch your Qt application inside a web browser (aka run it as a plugin). This is doable however not that simple nor versatile. If you want OpenGL interaction then in my opinion you should just use HTML5 and WebGL.