PDA

View Full Version : Qt for Symbian. Three folders inside QtSdk/ Symbian/ Sdks

Qting
6th February 2012, 18:39
Hey,
I am having some confusion regarding the 3 folders inside QtSdk/Symbian/Sdks in Qt.

1. I understand the first two folders - Symbian1Qt473, Symbian1Qt473, but what is this third folder for.. SymbianSR1Qt474
2. When i use a header file inside the code from which of the 3 folders does the header file gets used?
3. Why is it that some header files are missing from Symbian1Qt473 folder? Like the whole "platform" folder is missing which is present in the other two ..QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\include\ platform. In this case I am not able to compile the code when I use a header file missing in Symbian^1. Can I copy these header files into Symbian1Qt473 folder from other folders?

mvuori
7th February 2012, 19:24
I would say this: Don't worry about the folders at all; just use the configurations available in QtCreator and don't care where the files physically are. This also applies to building problems to any Symbian version: don't worry about "missing" files unless you really can't compile something that you should.

(Yes, I have no idea what SR1 is either, but it must be something quite recent as Qt 4.74 is available for it.)