PDA

View Full Version : Something like NSPathControl widget?

landr0id
12th February 2012, 07:09
I was just curious if there's anything like OS X's NSPathControl widget available for Qt. If you're unsure what I'm talking about, it's the bar in the center bottom of this screenshot: link (http://lpetr.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/safari_webinspector1.png)

I figured I'd ask before I go out and make something myself. Thanks.

KillGabio
12th February 2012, 13:40
When you create a mainWindow with the designer it comes with a Status bar (you can add it but im telling you the easy way), there to achive what you want: im thinking you should implement it with a ToolBox (it seems appropiate) or with a TabWidget. I think ToolBox is the solution. You will have to investigate how to put the ToolBox inside the Status bar (it has a function addWidget if I remember right) and Style it as you want.

Hope it helps!

landr0id
12th February 2012, 19:32
Well I'm looking to use it as a kind of address bar of sorts. Think of the crumb bar in Windows Explorer -- something like that.

KillGabio
12th February 2012, 19:46
So then do a StatusBar with the amount of links to folders/actions you need in it...I think links can be implemented as labels so all you need to do is connect the signal clicked to the slot open link..if i got you right