PDA

View Full Version : How does QMake know about openSSL-Win32_full?

tksharpless
17th February 2012, 18:00
I'm building a Qt app that calls some openSSL functions directly; so I have to link it with the import libraries from a local installation of openSSL. While setting it up (On Windows with Qt SDK 4.6) I noticed an unexpected item in the Makefiles generated by QMake.

In the LIBS line it has " /LIBPATH:C:\OpenSSL-Win32_full\lib", regardless of whether that directory exists, and regardless of whether my .pro file mentions openSSL libraries; it is in Makefiles for both MSVC and MinGW. In fact I created that directory and put my import libs there, then "LIBS += libeay32.lib libssl32.lib" in the .pro gets them linked.

I am wondering how QMake came up with this. I can't find anything similar in either my project files or the various setup scripts in the SDK. Can anyone enlighten me?

-- Tom

Added after 12 minutes:

Slight correction. My Qt version is 4.7.3, QMake version 2.01a. The odd item seems to be in all Makefile.Release and Makefile.Debug it has generated.

Lafacce
15th October 2012, 20:12
I'm building a Qt app that calls some openSSL functions directly; so I have to link it with the import libraries from a local installation of openSSL. While setting it up (On Windows with Qt SDK 4.6) I noticed an unexpected item in the Makefiles generated by QMake.

In the LIBS line it has " /LIBPATH:C:\OpenSSL-Win32_full\lib", regardless of whether that directory exists, and regardless of whether my .pro file mentions openSSL libraries; it is in Makefiles for both MSVC and MinGW. In fact I created that directory and put my import libs there, then "LIBS += libeay32.lib libssl32.lib" in the .pro gets them linked.

I am wondering how QMake came up with this. I can't find anything similar in either my project files or the various setup scripts in the SDK. Can anyone enlighten me?

-- Tom

Added after 12 minutes:

Slight correction. My Qt version is 4.7.3, QMake version 2.01a. The odd item seems to be in all Makefile.Release and Makefile.Debug it has generated.

You need also include this into .pro.

INCLUDEPATH += path_to_openssl/Openssl/include
DEPENDPATH += path_to_openssl/Openssl/include

Outside development environment, you have to copy Openssl libs and includes to work. Or, install openssl in the cpu.

:)