PDA

View Full Version : Doxygen and Qt Classes

chaosgeorge
8th December 2006, 03:08
Hi there, i have just installed Doxygen v 1.5 and also graphviz as dot, however i dont know how to properly build documentation that includes the Qt classes i use in my app, by example i cant see inheritance from QDialog or QWidget in the class diagram it generates, how can i do this?

thanks

wysota
8th December 2006, 08:47
Why do you need such a thing? It should be a documentation of your application, not Qt. As Qt is object oriented, you shouldn't care that QDialog inherits QWidget. I guess that if you really wanted that, you'd have to make Doxygen parse all Qt header files and as a result you'd get a documentation of both your program and Qt mixed up.

nouknouk
8th December 2006, 10:56
I agree, the doc for Qt already exists, so it should be a part of your doc.

On the other hand, you may want to clearly show which classes inherit your own (especially in generated schemas). If you're still sure it is what you want, try adding the 'include' directory of your Qt installation in the list of computed directories in doxygen, it should work.

chaosgeorge
8th December 2006, 14:12
Uhm well it's just that my OOP teacher wants to see the inheritance :p but i guess if im composing my class with pushbuttons, labels and line edits it should be somewhere in the class diagram as composition isn't it?

wysota
8th December 2006, 16:16
I guess your teacher wants to see the inheritance in your code, not it Qt code.

chaosgeorge
8th December 2006, 21:56
ehm not really, he just wants to see which class i inherit from to build my own Dialog by example 'cause it could be a QWidget or if i inherit from a QAbstractX or a QXWidget, etc. not show the whole Qt class members, also for sequence diagrams the signals must be present 'cause are like messages to the same or other class isnt it? and maybe the signal is inherited by a Qt class, a class not present in the class diagram? well this last is not doxygen business anyway

sooo i guess i have to build the class diagram myself and have doxygen for complement documentation

chaosgeorge
10th December 2006, 00:38
Nice i got the solution i can do this with Doxytag so i can see the Qt classes i use in the documentation Doxygen generates
Use of Doxytag (http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/doxytag_usage.html)