PDA

View Full Version : Trying to install PyQt on Mac

Aikiman
2nd March 2012, 11:26
Okay Ive followed some reliable instructions on how to install the latest QT build for OSX and sip 4.13 but not having much luck with PyQt 4.8.6.
After running 'python configure.py' from terminal i get this error...

'Error: Make sure you have a working Qt v4 qmake on your PATH or use the -q argument to explicitly specify a working Qt v4 qmake.'

I did some searching and tried this on...

'PATH=$PATH:/Users/jeremyraven/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/bin/qmake
export PATH'

But I still got the above error so I ran this command...

'python configure.py -q /Users/jeremyraven/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/bin/qmake'

and now I get this...

'Error: Qt has been built as static libraries so either the -g or -k argument
should be used.'

and now im stuck. Any help would be great thanks.

Added after 51 minutes:

This seems to be working...

'python configure.py -g -q /Users/jeremyraven/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/bin/qmake'

Added after 18 minutes:

Okay after the PyQt install I got these errors...are they important, should I fix them? If so how to go about it?

'/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* func_qt_mac_set_press_and_hold_context(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp:6886: error: ‘qt_mac_set_press_and_hold_context’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* func_qt_mac_set_native_menubar(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp:6914: error: ‘qt_mac_set_native_menubar’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* func_qt_mac_set_menubar_merge(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp:6942: error: ‘qt_mac_set_menubar_merge’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* func_qt_mac_set_menubar_icons(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp:6970: error: ‘qt_mac_set_menubar_icons’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* func_qt_mac_set_dock_menu(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp:6999: error: ‘qt_mac_set_dock_menu’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* func_qt_mac_secure_keyboard(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp:7029: error: ‘qt_mac_secure_keyboard’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* func_qt_set_sequence_auto_mnemonic(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jeremyraven/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.6/_qt/sipQtGuicmodule.cpp:7057: error: ‘qt_set_sequence_auto_mnemonic’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [sipQtGuicmodule.o] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2'

Aikiman
2nd March 2012, 13:13
Now if I try and run a file in terminal like 'python myWindow.py' I get this...

'ImportError: No module named PyQt4'

I read this means PyQt was not installed properly well blow me down!

Added after 49 minutes:

Inside my python directory I have Python_2.6/Share/sip/PyQt4/...

To me this appears that I do have the module PyQt4 however if I run help('modules') they dont appear of the list. wtf

bodysurfingyon
21st May 2012, 02:16
I was getting ‘qt_set_sequence_auto_mnemonic’ was not declared in this scope.

When I went back and got the PyQt to match my Qt SDK I did much better. Run Qt Creator, do About... then google
PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.3.tar.gz - as I write this www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk is down, but, I found "the right" version on some other python download page. I got further:

/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/sip/QtCore/qobject.sip:558: error: invalid conversion from ‘const QObject*’ to ‘QObject*’
make[1]: *** [sipQtCoreQObject.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

- so before I went on, I thought I'd leave a breadcrumb... If I wind up down a dark alley... send a search party.

bodysurfingyon
21st May 2012, 04:48
I was thinking that if the error was in sip/QtCore/qobject.sip and switching to version 4.7.4 of sip might help. It did not. I tried 3 other versions of sip and none did as well as 4.13.2 ( lots of old versions here: http://distfiles.macports.org/python/ )

The error I am getting smells like version skew:

g++ -c -pipe -fPIC -O2 -Wall -W -DNDEBUG -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PHONON_LIB -DQT_XMLPATTERNS_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_TEST_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_SCRIPTTOOLS_LIB -DQT_SCRIPT_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/qpy/QtCore -I/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/qpy/QtGui -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7 -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/mkspecs/default -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/phonon.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtXmlPatterns.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtXml.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtWebKit.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtTest.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtSvg.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtSql.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtScriptTools.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtScript.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtOpenGL.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtNetwork.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtMultimedia.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtGui.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers -I/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/include -F/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/qpy/QtCore -F/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/qpy/QtGui -F/Users/jch/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib -o sipQtCoreQObject.o sipQtCoreQObject.cpp
/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/sip/QtCore/qobject.sip: In function ‘PyObject* meth_QObject_emit(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/sip/QtCore/qobject.sip:467: error: invalid conversion from ‘const QObject*’ to ‘QObject*’
/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/sip/QtCore/qobject.sip:467: error: initializing argument 1 of ‘bool qpycore_qobject_emit(QObject*, const char*, PyObject*)’
/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/sip/QtCore/qobject.sip: In function ‘PyObject* meth_QObject_receivers(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/Users/jch/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.4/sip/QtCore/qobject.sip:558: error: invalid conversion from ‘const QObject*’ to ‘QObject*’
make[1]: *** [sipQtCoreQObject.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2