PDA

View Full Version : Application porting suggestion

sajis997
16th March 2012, 09:40
Hello forum,

I am going through hard time while porting wxwidget application to Qt. There are several event function in wxWidget and i am not sure if the corresponding function should be created in Qt as well.

If there is any guideline for this, i would be glad to be informed.

For example, on wxWidget they have a event function called - OnFullScreen() and inside this function it is doing some custom stuff for its inner widgets. What would be the corresponding slot/event function for this here in Qt ?

there in a slot showMaximized()/showFullScreen() in QWidget, i would like to know how to customize them if i have to do something specific on window maximized or full screen event ? Or do i have to do something on the QResizeEvent?

Regards
Sajjad

wysota
16th March 2012, 10:54
What custom stuff?

sajis997
16th March 2012, 11:21
Set some value(width, height, enum flags, etc.) for the inner widgets that it holds as reference.

wysota
16th March 2012, 11:32
So essentially it moves widges around. This is not required with Qt as here one uses layouts (QGridLayout and family) to manage widget geometry. If you really insist on doing the same as the original implementation then reimplement resizeEvent for the window object or implement a custom layout class.