PDA

View Full Version : [QT] - Include DLL in Visual Studio 2010

vinzz38
19th March 2012, 09:53
Hello,

i find a way to include a DLL (coded with QT) in a QT project and under Visual Studio 2010.

The goal is to have a solution in VS2010 with:
- A QT library project who build a .dll
- A QT basic project who use the library.

The final deploy will be the .dll and the .exe.

I have reach to do this under QT Creator by including the dll in the .pro file but not in VS2010.

Thank you for your help.

amleto
19th March 2012, 10:44
We dont do Quick Time (QT) here - I presume you mean Qt? :p

By the way, in your deployed app, you will need more dll than just one, e.g. qtcore4.dll, qtgui4.dll etc etc.

"I have reach to do this under QT Creator by including the dll in the .pro file but not in VS2010."
I don't know what that means. Are you trying to make a pro file, than get qmake to build some project files? Why not just make the project files in studio? I could help with that. I don't use .pro files so wont be much help there.

vinzz38
19th March 2012, 13:13
Yes, I mean Qt .... :-)

By the way, in your deployed app, you will need more dll than just one, e.g. qtcore4.dll, qtgui4.dll etc etc.
Yes but, this DLL's are already inlcluded in the project when you create it in VS2010.
I want to include my own library.

"I have reach to do this under QT Creator by including the dll in the .pro file but not in VS2010."
I don't know what that means. Are you trying to make a pro file, than get qmake to build some project files? Why not just make the project files in studio? I could help with that. I don't use .pro files so wont be much help there.

No, it speak about .pro fils because is the way to include dll or lib with Qt Creator. But there is no .pro files when you create a Qt project in VS2010. I want to know the way to include my own DLL in VS2010.

amleto
19th March 2012, 16:31
so you are asking about how to link some application with a library dll?

This is really not qt related at all - you just add the .lib file (and lib/dll path) to linker properties in visual studio.

vinzz38
3rd April 2012, 16:44
Thanks for your help. It works...