PDA

View Full Version : Phonon on Mac cant play a video

HeReSY
20th March 2012, 13:00
Hi,

i have a problem using phonon on MacOSX.
We compiled Qt with Phonon support, and installed it under /Applications/MyApp/Contents/MacOS/.libraries/ (customer choice)
The i moved th complet folder of the backend (plugins/phonon_backend/libphonon_qt7.dylib) to the Qt-Install path.
But I always get this warning:
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded

I get the warning also, when i copied the phonon_backend folder to the application path.

Does anyone know where to copy those files, so phonon should work

Every help is appreciated

Bruno

Brit
1st June 2012, 08:13
I realize I might be a little too late with a solution, but I had this problem and eventually figured it out after a week. Hopefully it will help you and anyone else looking for a solution. Here it is:

First, you need to make sure you have Qt with phonon support. I believe the 'standard' version of Qt does not have phonon support, so you might need to download the Qt source and build it with phonon support.

You need to run "macdepoyqt" in the base directory of your application. (Macdeployqt should either come with qt or can be built.) More specifically, go to the directory where "MyApplication.app" is located, and call "macdeployqt MyApplication.app". This will copy all the necessary Qt frameworks and dylibs into your app folder. This is very important for phonon because the phonon backend needs lots of files and codecs. (Simply copying the phonon.framework and dylibs yourself will not work.)