PDA

View Full Version : Can't install Qt4.1 with SQL Support for ODBC in Windows XP

danieltruchsess
2nd February 2006, 19:37
I need to develop an application which requires the use of Microsoft Access using Qt.

So far, I managed to use the Open Source Qt4.1.0 for MinGW with Visual C++ Express 2005, but without SQL support.

I read the following thread (http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6) and followed its instructions (changing the references of MySQL to those which I believe would be their equivalents to ODBC), but when I try to build the ODBC driver, i get a lot of errors, being the first one "main.cpp:24:30: qsqldriverplugin.h: No such file or directory". This occurs when I execute mingw32-make

I read somewhere (I don't remember where) that I had to include the address of the SDK (Microsoft Platform) include and library folders in the qmake command in order for it to work properly, but that I had to use their 8.3 names, and I did it.

The locations for those two folders are these:
C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib
C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Platform SDK\include

Has anybody been able to do this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Daniel

KjellKod
5th February 2006, 11:02
Ii get a lot of errors, being the first one "main.cpp:24:30: qsqldriverplugin.h: No such file or directory". This occurs when I execute mingw32-make

To me it seems that you've not configured Qt for sql plugin and that's the reason that you cannot find the Qt file qsqldriverplugin.h. If it would've been problem with installing mysql or other database libraries I think you would've gotten other errors.

Run ./configure -help to see what options for configure that you need. I expect it to be similar to
./configure -plugin-sql-mysql
// in case of mysql driver
//
// Then jus run
gmake
su
gmake install
//(remember to install it to the right place or changing your QTDIR (path)
(sorry if I'm stating the obious)

Have you checkout out this thread? http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2005-07/thread00014-0.html
The thread you pointed to had a link here and I think it's pretty good