PDA

View Full Version : hindi fonts are not displaying in target

sanjeet
29th March 2012, 05:16
Hi,

I am working on multi-lingual application.

I have to display hindi font(or any other indian language) in place of english, in my application.
Like text on pushbutton, label or message should be in hindi.

I am able to do it in desktop version, but it's not displaying in target device.
my target device is ARM-based, Linux platform.

i am using qt's translator for this application(lupdate, linguist, lrelease).

I think, i am missing some font configuration file, or font file in target device.

I have copied same font file from /usr/share/ and /etc/ from desktop to target device in same directory.
But still i am unable to display Hindi text in my target device.

Can you help me anybody..... what are the things exactly, i am missing in target device.... ?
or what i have to do for displaying hindi text in target device.

thanks in advance.

ChrisW67
30th March 2012, 02:25
Your target device has to have, and you need to use, a font that contains the glyphs corresponding to the Hindi Unicode code points. Depending the font capabilities of the embedded system you may be able to use the same font file as your desktop (within license limits): embed it in your application resources and use QApplication::setFont() or similar as required. Windows, I think, uses a font called Mangal (http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/family.aspx?FID=243) but you are not free to distribute this.

sanjeet
30th March 2012, 07:17
Hi Chris,

thanks for your suggestion, but i am still having doubt that... where(in which directory) i have in copy Hindi font.
And any configuration file is also requried ?

ChrisW67
30th March 2012, 07:42
The font needs to be where X11 (or whatever stands in for it on your device) looks for fonts. It may require a configuration file change, or it may not.

Alternatively, you can embed the actual font file in your application as I said before (see QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont()).

sanjeet
31st March 2012, 10:10
Hi Everybody....

I am able to show text in other western language( like Polish, Finnish, Turkish, Italian, French, German, Spanish etc) in my application(on QLabel, QPushButton etc)
on both for desktop as well as target-device.

But when i am using Hindi text it's only displaying on desktop version, it's not displaying on my target device.

can you explain me ...... what's problem ?

sanjeet
3rd April 2012, 06:19
Hi chris,

Thanks for your great help.

Many many thanks to you.

Now i am able to display Hindi text in my application my target-device.

amol.palshetkar
15th January 2016, 06:17
Hi Sangeet,

Please give details how did you achieve it.

Hi chris,

Thanks for your great help.

Many many thanks to you.

Now i am able to display Hindi text in my application my target-device.

dumoac
11th July 2018, 21:06
try hindi fonts from this website https://hindifonts.org

renotien1102
25th February 2019, 06:52
thanks for information